Hej! Orientation continues...
Day 2 of Orientation is drawing to a close... I just trekked home with approximately 30 books that I'll be using for class this year, yikes... however I'm pretty interested in the classes I'll be taking. I'll obviously have more info later but the early indications are these:
Danish 1 - Danish is proving to be quite a challenge... they use three additional vowels that we don't and random letters have random sounds, for instance certain d's sound like UHL and there's no rule for when.
Criminal Justice in Scandanavia - Supposedly a fascinating look at how the Danes, Swedes and Norwegians punish wrong-doers. They have significantly lower crime rates here, so something's obviously working.
European Politics - My core course, the books are large and the EU is cumbersome.
International Law - I've already been assigned 6 legal briefs to read, maybe not the most enjoyable class I've chosen.
Nordic Mythology - Supposedly the Prof is a true Viking...
but we'll be having some fun to go with all these classes... last night i checked in at 10 on the dot and was not happy to get out of bed when it was still kind of dark this morning, now that i've caught up on rest we'll see what Copenhagen has in store tonight.
The Danes in general have been interesting to observe so far. They are very reserved, for instance I've been riding the bus to and from my apartment every day and not a single one has said a word to me... in fact I don't think any danes have said anything to me in passing... but maybe after I meet some I'll have a better read on their personality. The kids in the DIS program seem pretty cool though, I'll probably know who my friends are after I have some classes, but so far they seem like good people.
Danish 1 - Danish is proving to be quite a challenge... they use three additional vowels that we don't and random letters have random sounds, for instance certain d's sound like UHL and there's no rule for when.
Criminal Justice in Scandanavia - Supposedly a fascinating look at how the Danes, Swedes and Norwegians punish wrong-doers. They have significantly lower crime rates here, so something's obviously working.
European Politics - My core course, the books are large and the EU is cumbersome.
International Law - I've already been assigned 6 legal briefs to read, maybe not the most enjoyable class I've chosen.
Nordic Mythology - Supposedly the Prof is a true Viking...
but we'll be having some fun to go with all these classes... last night i checked in at 10 on the dot and was not happy to get out of bed when it was still kind of dark this morning, now that i've caught up on rest we'll see what Copenhagen has in store tonight.
The Danes in general have been interesting to observe so far. They are very reserved, for instance I've been riding the bus to and from my apartment every day and not a single one has said a word to me... in fact I don't think any danes have said anything to me in passing... but maybe after I meet some I'll have a better read on their personality. The kids in the DIS program seem pretty cool though, I'll probably know who my friends are after I have some classes, but so far they seem like good people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home